Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why Hate?

3/5/10

So I just finished watching American History X. It made me realize that, dwelling on hatred will do no good. It will not change your life in a good way. I have always felt that I am surrounded by negativity and hate, hence I myself dwell on it. Never did I see that I have a choice. I have a choice to see the good in things. I have a choice to make the decisions I make. Everything in my life, all of the good and bad are a result of my actions in some sort of way.

Blaming others for this negativity and hatred in my life is nothing but a scape goat. By me blaming them it will not bring me any good but instead draw more negativity in to my life. So my first step was to delete an older blog post that I wrote about hate. (listing what I hated)

So after crying my eyes out watching this movie, I have come to this realization...why hate?

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.-Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment