Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anxiety Attack


 Date:10/25/09
Mood: nervous

Around thursday night last week I got my first anxiety attack . Everything that happened to me, was going on so fast that I was scared. I've been having anxiety all of my life but I never really knew what the word anxiety meant or what its symptoms are. I don't know why but one day I decided to look it up and I realized that I've always had it but I just didn't know what it was and why i was feeing this way.

When I had the attack it was because I found out that someone who is close to me lied to me again. This person has being lying to me for a while now. It is always so disappointing when I find out and it's always been lies after lies. Whenever I would think that everything is fine now and it is all calm, I would find out about a past lie. It really hurts every time I find out . And every lie I find out about, I can never let go of it. I would always hold on to it and whenever I am laying in bed at night or when I am upset, these lies would arise and I would think about them and get angry. I would get angry for not addressing them over time and at the person who lied to me. Till this day I still could not understand why they would lie to me. It is almost impossible to not have a wall and trust them. I feel like every time a lie appears a layer of my wall builds. I hate it when people tell you that they love you and that you mean everything to them, but they would do things that they know would hurt you [whether is it intentionally or unintentionally] they do it anyways. How can someone say they love you and care about you when they would do these things and know of the consequences? I think it just means that they true don't care at all and that their own happiness and satisfaction is of the only importance.

Anyhow , back to the actual attack. Usually when I get anxiety they last for a while. They would bother me but never anything that would actually physically hurt me. I would get chest pains occasionally , but most of the time I would feel a lot of pressure on my chest and it would also be slightly hard for me to breathe. Sometime times, i would get headaches and have a very hard time concentrating on homework or what not.

This time getting the anxiety attack is about 100 times worst compared to my normal anxiety. I felt like i was suffocating [like a drowning feeling just before you are no longer able to hold your breathe]. My body was just shaking uncontrollably, I could not even stand up or do anything. I tried to take a lot of deep breathes to calm myself down. I was literally gasping for air. I had this horrible headache and a lot of pain and pressure on my chest. I felt sick and it was all happening so quickly at once. It took me about a half an hour to an hour to keep myself under control.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? and what can you do about it, to make it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment